Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ride from H---

I decided to come and visit Jim this week up the Mountain. I left the apartment at 7:00 AM and arrived at 12:30. I rode up with a couple of guys from the job and a little family of three kids. It is a long and winding road to come up here so two of the three children got car sick and were throwing up the entire way. The mother kept feeding the baby and he would then throw it up. The entire van smelled of vomit and everyone behind me was covered in it. The guy driving had to cover his face and stop several times just to keep his breakfast down. I laughed and told myself I knew I hated coming up here and now I have another reason to hate it. Then when we finally got up here it was just as I remembered cloudy and foggy and misty. Just like walking in the clouds. Very depressing for sure. Jim is happy though because he has a long rotation this time and wanted a visit. I even brought up pizza's for dinner tonight and treats for later. (although right now that doesn't sound too good) It may take a few hours before I want anything to eat after the fun ride up. The family with the kids was only coming up for one day too. Tomorrow they will ride down. The best part is that it is one of their birthdays and they brought up a big cake to eat before heading down to Taipei. I am glad I wont be in that car.

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on your blog -- what a great life adventure!! (Good memories and not so good :-) -- its still amazing so keep enjoying the moment!

    ReplyDelete