Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Birthday and Father's Day 2011


Jim  2011

I just wanted to take a few minutes to say Happy Birthday and  Happy Father's Day to Jim. He had a great birthday because Ryan and Shannon were here and we got to hang out with them for over a week. They had brought him (us) a wonderful recordable book that the kids had read to us. Both Jim and I had tears in our eyes after listening to the children read us the book. We miss our kids so much and it was so great to hear their voices. Now when I get lonely I just open the book and I am no longer alone. Colby made Jim a helicopter and the other children made him decorations to hang in the window. Ryan and Shannon made paper balloons and hung them from the ceiling. They couldn't find crayons in my apartment so they used finger nail polish to decorate with. (very resourceful)  Father's Day left a little to be desired. Ryan and Shannon left early in the morning to go home so that was sad. I tried to make it a special day for him but he was sad. He got to talk to his kids and Father so that was good. We have been having a good time in Taiwan but we cant wait to be home.

1 comment: