Monday, June 6, 2011

Babysitting Fun

At McDonald's (they are everywhere even here)

Playing for fun!


The DOG!

Reading all the time!

Ice Cream Good!  Cookies, Yeah I don't have to eat them!!!!
 I watch these kids while their parents went to the Philippines for a few days. They were really good. In fact abnormally good. They don't watch TV they play with Lego's for hours. They don't fight with each other. They love to read and play musical instruments. They play at least 2 each. The youngest one came in to ask me at lunch one day if he had to eat his cookie. I had just given him and a friend a cookie after eating their lunch. I said no and he went running back into the kitchen yelling yeah, I don't have to eat the cookie. This same child wanted toast for breakfast so I ask him if he wanted a banana with it. He told me that he likes 3 fruits bananas, broccoli and carrots. Could he please have 4 carrots today instead.  So he had toast, carrots and milk. The oldest wanted to read all the time. I was supposed to stop him if he read too much but I figured if that was his big problem so be it. The problem I had was with the DOG. Maddie woke us up on Sunday morning at 6:00 AM. I got up to let her out to go potty.( I assumed that was the problem). When I opened the door she ran back into the bed. I put her out anyway. As soon as I got back into bed she started barking again to get back in the house. I ignored her then before I knew it she was back in the house barking again. The sweet little girl had let her in and shut the kitchen door to keep her away from everyone. But Maddie wasn't happy until we all got up and let her roam the whole house. I could have killed the dog that morning and felt good about it.  All the other mornings we all got up early because the kids had school so the dog was happy. One day I went outside with the little one to write on the driveway with chalk and play with bubbles. Maddie was inside the fenced yard barking. I decided I had heard enough! I turned on the hose and sprayed the dog. Every time she barked I sprayed her again. Finally she shut up. She got it. This women will not put up with me. I guess I am not a good dog sitter. So note to self don't ask Vickie to watch my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment