Monday, July 11, 2011

I am a Taiwan Tour Guide

This is Stan and Angel. They are new to Taiwan and Jim asked me to show them around and help them get a MRT pass and help them learn how to use it. We did some site seeing and they took me to lunch. Stan is very picky about food and didn't want to try several restaurants. After a while I was able to talk him into trying something new.  FINALLY he decided to try Shabu Shabu. In the restaurant you are each given a big pot of boiling broth and then you add a variety of meats and vegetables to your pot and let it boil then take it out and eat it with rice and dipping sauces. You don't have to add anything you are not willing to try. They both LOVED IT! The only weird thing is that there were tons of these little tiny fish everywhere in the mixture. Stan kept telling me they must be crawling into the pot from under the seats. We figured out they were in the broth because we had ordered seafood so it came with a seafood broth. That was new for me to eat a whole fish head and all. We think they were dried fish in the broth then when the broth boiled they plumped up. That was weird for me but both of them love fish so they were good with it. At the end of the meal we had ice cream. They had found out it was my birthday the next day so they sang to me. The waiter was also singing and I kept thinking about the movie The Christmas Story when the Chinese waiters sang Christmas songs. I had three different accents singing happy birthday at once. I just laughed and loved it. I wish I could have recorded that for you to hear. It was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment